1. If you use ScribeOut's online services you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login and password and for restricting access to your computers and you agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your login or password.
2. Contained within ScribeOut's website are certain proprietary and confidential information relating to techniques or inventions for the purposes of providing transcription services. You agree to hold confidential or proprietary information or trade secrets in trust and confidence and agree that it shall be used only for your transcription purposes and shall not be used for any other purpose or disclosed to any third parties.
3. Whilst ScribeOut takes all care to limit risk and exposure of confidential client data and intellectual property, we accept no responsibility or liability for the accidental or inadvertent disclosure at any time.
4. This site is provided by ScribeOut on an "as is" and "as available" basis. ScribeOut makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of this site or the information, content, materials or services included on this site. You expressly agree that your use of this site is at your sole risk.
To the full extent permissible by applicable law, neither ScribeOut nor its affiliates nor any of their employees, agents, directors, sub-contractors, proprietors, partners, representatives, servants, third parties, attorneys, predecessors, successors and assigns will be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages (including but not limited to lost profits, and damages that result from inconvenience, delay, or loss of use of the services provided at the site) arising out of use of the site, the information contained on the site, or arrangements made based on information obtained at the site (however arising, including negligence), even if ScribeOut has been advised of the possibility of such damages or losses. ScribeOut does not warrant that this site, its servers, or e-mail sent from ScribeOut are free of viruses or other harmful components. Furthermore, ScribeOut disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including, but not limited to, implied warranties of fitness for a particular purpose. ScribeOut will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site, including, but not limited to direct, indirect, incidental, punitive, and consequential damages.
Certain state laws do not allow limitations on implied warranties or the exclusion or limitation of certain damages. If these laws apply to you, some or all of the above disclaimers, exclusions, or limitations may not apply to you, and you might have additional rights.
5. Clients are responsible for and must provide all dictation hardware and software, internet access, telephone, computer hardware and software equipment necessary to access our online services. ScribeOut makes no representations, warranties, or assurances that the client equipment will be compatible with ScribeOut.
6. ScribeOut is resolved to complete and deliver all work to our clients on the specified and agreed turnaround time. However, you acknowledge and agree that ScribeOut cannot guarantee constant service because of the variables involved. Circumstances beyond our control include but are not limited to service interruptions caused by war, acts of God, strikes, telecommunications system failures, accidents, fire and server problems. ScribeOut will not be held liable, or deemed to be in default, for any delay or failure to perform its obligations if such failure results directly or indirectly from any cause beyond ScribeOut's control.
7. Upon completion of the transcript and all financial transactions related to a given job, all files associated with that job (audio files and Word documents) are deleted from our system. It is the client’s responsibility to download the transcript before this point. Failing to do so may result in the job needing to be re-transcribed at the client's expense.
8. Job cancellations are accepted, however, charges will apply for any portion of the job already completed with a minimum charge of 30 minutes. Therefore, it is recommended that job cancellations are done by telephone contact. Cancelling by email alone may result in longer delays, thus incurring higher charges.
9. ScribeOut will charge a 5% late fee for any outstanding amounts not paid after the due date specified and 2.5% monthly thereafter. ScribeOut reserves the right to suspend any client accounts until outstanding invoices are paid in full. ScribeOut accepts no liability for any loss of business that may occur from such action.
10. In the event that we should need to use the services of a debt collection agency to recover any unpaid or partially paid balances, the client is also responsible for any fees incurred by ScribeOut engaging that service.
11. We may alter our fees from time to time. When we make such a change we will notify you via the client login area – Workspace – on the ScribeOut website. All fees quoted at the time a job was uploaded will be honoured.
12. ScribeOut reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions in any way and as required. Notice of such changes will be posted in the client login area - Workspace - on the ScribeOut website.